- Dr. Pamela Mellon has been honored with the Bernice Grafstein Award! This award recognizes individuals dedicated to women's advancement in neurosciences and who have made outstanding accomplishments in mentoring. Congratulations, Dr. Mellon!
- The UCSD Superfund Research Center at the University of California, San Diego will be active for an additional five years (2017-2022), thanks to another round of renewed funding from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- The NAFLD Research Center brings together multiple specialists from UCSD and elsewhere. This Center will include the efforts of UCSD-SRC investigators, Drs. Rohit Loomba, David A. Brenner, Michael Karin, and Robert H. Tukey.
- San Diego is home to 41 of the most influential researchers in the world (annual Thomson Reuters report). Drs. Michael Karin, Julian Schroeder, and Roger Tsien.
- Map of Superfund sites in the contiguous United States. A Superfund site is an uncontrolled or abandoned place where hazardous waste is located, possibly affecting local ecosystems or people. Red indicates currently on National Priority List, yellow is proposed, green is deleted (usually meaning having been cleaned up) [Photo courtesy: US EPA - Superfund]
The UC San Diego Superfund Research Center (UCSD-SRC) is a multidisciplinary effort consisting of four Biomedical and two Environmental Science and Engineering Projects, all of which will use highly specialized core resources in Genetics and Metabolomics Research Support Core. Along with our training program which will provide career support to graduate and postdoctoral level trainees, the research and core components will work with the Research Translation Core (RTC) to promote our findings to broader based audiences and the Community Engagement Core (CEC) to share our expertise with impacted communities.
Who are We?
Our Mailing Address
UCSD Superfund Research Center
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0722
La Jolla, CA 92093-0722